I hold my birth education courses on a weekly basis for couples at the Kiezhebammen Steglitz Midwifery Practice in German language only. I don’t present Childbirth education classes in English.
At the Birth classes, I give a realistic picture of childbirth and the postpartum days, and how a family life changes after the child is born. We cover the following topics:
- The stages of childbirth such as latency, active, transitional and placental phase.
- When to call the midwife or go to the hospital/ birth house?
- How to cope with pain – pain mitigating techniques such as massage or water birth and epidural anesthesia
- Facing fear and coping with fear
- Labour positions for the active and transitional phases.
- Life with a baby – The sleeping habits of newborn babies
- Postpartum management